Freebies change around 2 pm EST each day. This is not an exact time; just an approximate!
To get today’s freebie, follow this link:
Lapbooks are not just a great hands-on tool for learning, they are also creative outlets for students. A lapbook is a great way for students to showcase what they have
learned as well as their creativity and individuality. No two lapbooks are ever alike; whether students design the lapbook themselves or use a ready-to-assemble pack.
Personalizing a lapbook doesn’t mean writing your name on it! Personalizing a lapbook means creating a one-of-a-kind portfolio that is as unique as the child who created it! Encourage your students to express their own personal style and creativity with each lapbook he or she creates. Here are some ways you can encourage your students to make their own lapbooks unique:
- Provide multi-colored file folders for students to choose from.
- Allow students who enjoy coloring to print the graphics and templates on white paper and then color in the pictures.
- Allow students who do not enjoy coloring to print the graphics and templates on colorful paper.
- Allow students who are reluctant writers to type their answers on the graphic or template before printing.
- Provide stickers, printed papers, scrapbook embellishments, and other fun materials for each student to personalize and embellish.
- Encourage students who enjoy creative writing to write a short story or poem about the topic they are studying.
- Encourage students who enjoy drawing to draw a picture of something they learned or something related to the topic.
- Encourage curious students to conduct a survey or experiment and record their data in their lapbook.
- Encourage musically talented students to write a song or jingle relating to the topic and include it in their lapbook.
- Preserve memories of making lapbooks by taking pictures of the process and including them in the lapbook.
If lapbooking with multiple students, hold a contest to see who can create a lapbook with the most color, most creative story, neatest handwriting, most detailed pictures, most detailed information, etc.
Give your students ownership of the lapbooks they create! No two students are alike so why should their lapbooks be the same? Encourage them to complete lapbook that is as unique as the person who created it! Encourage your students to personalize their lapbooks!
When we reach 4500 “likes” on our Facebook page, we will give everyone who visits us there our Animal Adaptations lapbook unit – FOR FREE!!
So spread the word and tell everyone about this great opportunity for a free lapbook!
Each week we will select a new Facebook Fan of the Week. Each and every Fan of the Week receives $5 off their next purchase on our website!
Fans are chose randomly, but chances increase dramatically when you interact on our Facebook page by:
- Sharing our posts
- Liking our posts
- Liking comments
- Posting comments
- Posting relevant information on our timeline
So make sure to visit us frequently and participate because you might be the next Fan of the Week!
In the Hands of a Child is starting to feel the Christmas Spirit and we want to help you feel it too, so…
…are you ready to win big?
Just follow these two simple steps for your chance to win $100 worth of lapbooks and/or Note Packs!
Step 1. Post about our STUFF YOUR STOCKING SALE and our SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY.
Where should you post?
Twitter (be sure to include us in your tweet by using @HandsofaChild)
Public Message Boards
Anyplace that will allow you to give us a link to verify your post.
Step 2. Come back to our blog and leave us the link to where you posted so that we can view and verify the post. (Except when using Twitter, in which case, be sure to mention us in your tweet by using @HandsofaChild so that we see the tweet).
The more places you post to and leave the links for on our blog, the more chances you’ll have to win!!
It’s that easy!
The winner will be chosen using Random.org on December 23, 2012.
SO… What are you waiting for? Get in the spirit and start posting!
GOOD LUCK to ALL!!
We would LOVE to hear how our curriculum helped you put laughter and learning together in the Hands of YOUR Child! We also believe that our customers would enjoy information you can provide about your experience with our curriculum.
Reviewing your recent purchase is easy!!
Log into your account
Search for the product you want to review
Click Add Your Review or Be the First to Review This Product (depending on if the product has been reviewed already)
Enter your Star Rating for Price, Quality, and Value
Leave your review and click submit
It’s that easy, and you’ll be helping other customers make good decisions about where to spend their hard earned money on curriculum!
We want all children to understand the events of September 11th, 2001
In honor of the anniversary we are offering our September 11th, 2001 Project Pack at HUGE discounts.
Get the Ebook for $1
Get the Ebook with Type It In for $1
Get the CD for $5 or
Get the Printed for $5
But Hurry this is good for today only Sept 11th, 2012
Check out this link, we’ll keep it updated with the latest released Products
Receive a FREE 2 month Super Membership,
giving you access to the 8 titles shown above, when you share
the information below. Once shared please send a link to us at
email@example.com to receive access to the above titles.